Easements over council land

Easements give you the right to use Council-owned land for private infrastructure like stormwater connections.

The most common type of infrastructure needing an easement over reserve land is stormwater pipelines and connections. If your application relates to a water or sewer connection please contact us to determine if an easement will be necessary.

The requirements to have an easement may arise in circumstances where it is necessary for stormwater from a private property to first pass over or through Council reserve prior to discharging the stormwater into a stream or another stormwater system.

Application for easements through Council-owned reserve land