You can pay us in several different ways including online through our portal, using internet banking, by direct debit or in person.
We currently accept online payments for:
*Parking tickets cannot be paid online the same day they are issued.
You will need your New Plymouth District account number (excluding infringement payments) and VISA or MasterCard to pay online.
These Online Payment Terms apply to the use of the online payment transaction services (the Services) for the payment of certain types of transactions as made available by New Plymouth District Council from time to time through the New Plymouth District Council (NPDC) website.
These Online Payment Terms constitute a contract between you and New Plymouth District Council (the Council). Please read them carefully. You may either accept or decline the Terms as indicated at the bottom of this page, but to make payment using the Services you must accept the Terms by clicking "Accept".
Please note that the Online Payment Terms may be altered or added to by the Council at any time that the Council determines necessary, with or without notice. Please, therefore, ensure that you read the Terms carefully on each occasion that you use the Services.
It is strongly recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes.
Online Payment Terms
1. You may use the Services for the purposes of making payments to the Council where the Council offers the Services, provided that you do not:
2. You warrant that:
3. Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
4. The Council may contact you to confirm your credit card details.
5. All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any).
6. Part payment of debtor accounts is acceptable provided the full payment is made by the due date.
7. All other payments must be paid in full and by no later than the final date for payment set out in the invoice/notice.
8. Upon completing a transaction using the Services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the Services or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond the Council's control.
9. Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
10. The Council accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit card issuer.
11. You acknowledge that the credit card information supplied by you in relation to the use of the Services is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to the Council via the third party website is:
12. By using the Services you agree:
13. You hereby authorise the Council to collect information about you (including information about transactions processed by you) from time to time through the NPDC website. Any such information collected shall be treated in accordance with the Council's Privacy Statement, the Privacy Act 1993 and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
14. Requests for refunds must be made in writing together with proof that you have paid more that the outstanding amount. Requests for refunds must be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Council at Private Bag 2025, New Plymouth. If your request for a refund is granted the amount will be transferred to your nominated bank account.
15. If you dispute the outstanding amount on your account please contact the Council.
16. Payments using the Services are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Council shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the Services.
17. To the extent permitted by law, the Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the Services. If, for any reason, the Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the Services, the Council's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the Services or $100, whichever is the lesser.
18. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to your transaction you may have rights or remedies that are not excluded or limited by clause 17. If you are using the Services for business purposes, the exclusions and limitations set out in clause 17 will apply and the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are hereby excluded.
19. The Council does not warrant or guarantee that the Services and/or your use of the Services will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the Services will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
20. The Council reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the Services at any time either temporarily or permanently.
21. These Online Payment Terms form part of the NPDC Website Terms and Conditions of Use, which apply to general NPDC website usage. By agreeing to comply with the Online Payment Terms you also agree to comply with the NPDC Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If there is a conflict between the NPDC Website Terms and Conditions of Use and these Terms, the Online Payment Terms shall prevail.
22. You agree to indemnify the Council for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Council as result of:
23. The Online Payment Terms are governed by New Zealand law. The New Zealand Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the Services and these Online Payment Terms.
"Accept" I have read and understood the Online Payment Terms and agree to accept and abide by them
We have an online payment system for making rates and water payments.
Please use the button below to begin this process. You will need your Property ID Number (from your rates instalment notice) and VISA or MasterCard to pay online.
A service fee applies.
You can pay us directly using Internet or phone banking. Our account number is:
New Plymouth District Council bank account: 03-0713-0357528-08
In your payment please include:
You can pay us by direct debit weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly for the following:
• annual or recurring charges (eg: leases)
Please complete the direct debit form and return it to us.
You can set up automatic payments through your bank for your rates. Please email us for a form with our bank details, or contact us to find out if there are other bills you can set up an automatic payment for.
You can come in and pay us at the:
You can also make payments in person at Westpac Bank, you will need to have our account number with you and details of what you are paying.
We no longer accept cheques for payment. If you are a regular cheque user, please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
You can also contact your bank for support.
Was this page useful?
Page last updated: 03:43AM Tue 01 November 2022