Our aim at New Plymouth District Council is to achieve Zero Waste. The New Plymouth District Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (2017-23) sets out how we are going to move towards this goal. It lays out NPDC’s vision, objectives and targets for reducing waste, and details how we will accomplish and fund these objectives.
The key goals for the next six years are:
• Maximise opportunities to reduce levels of waste sent to the landfill.
• Reduce the harmful and costly effects of waste.
• Improve efficiency of resource use.
To reach those goals, we will focus on:
• Achieving behaviour change.
• Developing collaboration and partnerships.
• Showing leadership and innovation.
• Providing accessible services and facilities.
Was this page useful?
Page last updated: 08:41PM Thu 14 October 2021