UPDATE: THURSDAY 14TH APRIL
- We are now at Alert Level Orange in the Government’s Covid Protection Framework.
- At orange there are no number limits for outdoor or indoor gatherings.
- Face masks continue to be an important protection and are required for many indoor settings but not when outdoors.
- Next to vaccination and being boosted, the Government says a face mask at orange is the best defence against Covid and can reduce new cases by around 50%.
- It you or someone in your house gets Covid, you still have to self-isolate for seven days.
- Keep up the healthy hygiene, for example one metre physical distance when in social situations and wash your hands often.
- For more on the Orange Traffic Light setting click here.
LIVING WITH COVID
- Looking after our staff and customers comes first.
- As always, we’ll be following the official Government advice, as we work to keep delivering services for our residents.
- All NPDC facilities are open under the Government’s Orange Traffic Light Covid protection system while following the safety rules.
- We’re having to juggle staff rosters and reduce opening hours at some facilities.
- Due to Covid-related driver shortages, all glass collections are on hold until further notice.
- Red-lid bins, Yellow-lid recycling and food scrap collections will continue as usual.
- Urenui Library will be closed until further notice.
- The Govett-Brewster Art Gallery is closed on Wednesdays.
- We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience at this tough time.
- We will resume face to face Council meetings, committee meetings and workshops/briefings in the Civic Centre from Tuesday 26 April.
- For more information please call us at 06-759 6060 or email email@example.com.
MANDATED VACCINATED ROLES
- Vaccine passes: We removed vaccine passes at most of our facilities from Monday 28 March.
- Vaccine mandates: The majority of the government imposed mandates were lifted on April 4th. Over recent weeks, we have consulted with all affected staff covered by our previous decision on mandated roles.
- From Tuesday 19 April we will be removing the requirement for vaccine mandates for the majority of roles previously covered. We are retaining mandates for a small number of critical services and those staff are aware of this.
TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM
- The system sets different rules for Green, Orange and Red levels:
- Green – limited community cases and the health system is ready to respond.
- Orange – cases are rising and the health system is under pressure.
- Red – we need to protect at-risk people and prevent hospitals being overrun with cases.
- Full details on the traffic light system are here on the Government’s Covid website.