He hurihanga mahere matatapu

What is a private plan change?

The Resource Management Act 1991 allows any person to seek changes to the District Plan through a request for a private plan change. We can also initiate plan changes.

All plan changes are required to go through public notification, submissions and hearings processes, including the right of appeal to the Environment Court.

Private plan changes can be used to change or introduce new provisions into the District Plan, for a variety of situations, including but not limited to:

  • rezoning of land
  • addition of a building to the schedule of heritage buildings
  • amendments to rules.
heritage building