The work will start on 6 March and will take place in stages for up to six months, but only the first three months will have traffic controls.
Please note: these dates may be subject to change due to weather or alterations to the work programme.
What’s happening in your area and when?
(If progress allows it, we might be able to relax restrictions overnight.)
Henwood Road - PIHMS Section: 6-24 March
- Shoulder closure either side of the road during some parts of the work.
- Pedestrians will be walked through the site by a contractor during work hours. The footpath will have no restrictions overnight.
Bell Block Court: 23 March to 29 March
- Full road closure on Bell Block Court from Shifty’s Sports Bar & TAB to the bench seat outside the 4 Square.
- Traffic heading toward the Bell Block Court shops will be diverted along Murray and Wynyard streets. The roundabout will remain open for straight-through traffic on Nugent Street and Henwood Road (and for turning traffic on Pohutukawa Drive).
- Some car parks on Bell Block Court will be unavailable for public use during this period.
- Alternative pedestrian access will be via Bell Block swimming pool or the Bell Block Court alleyway.
- Bus stop will be shifted to a nearby location.
- If open trenching is required on Jeffery Lane, we will advise you of the work dates and any road closure required.
Nugent Street – from the roundabout to Murray Street: 29 March to 19 April
- Closure of the southbound lane for up to three days during this period, with a detour along Murray and Wynyard streets.
Pohutukawa Place – from the roundabout to Jersey Place: 19 April to 19 May
- Traffic management along this section is being finalised, but options include temporary traffic lights.
There may be short periods when driveway access to properties will be restricted. On-site staff will communicate with affected businesses and residents on these occasions.
While NPDC will work to minimise the effect on residents and the public, we acknowledge that these works will cause some unavoidable disruption. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding while this important work for your community is happening.