• Heavy rain overwhelmed our sewage pump station at Rifle Range Rd last night.
• This led to a discharge of sewage into the Mangaone Stream and Tasman Sea for about 45 minutes.
• We apologise to anyone who has been affected and have been in touch with iwi and hapu, the regulators at the TRC and TDHB, and other recreational users.
• Warning signs have been put up advising people not to swim or gather kai from the Waiwhakaiho rivermouth.
• Please follow the warning signs and do not collect kai from affected waterways for 28 days and don’t swim or let your dog into the water until the warning is lifted.
• Keep an eye on our Can I Swim water quality page for updates.
• We’re currently getting feedback on a plan to invest $248 million in our aging water network in our next 10-Year Plan.
Page last updated: 10:09PM Tue 26 October 2021