It is designed to enhance the vibrancy and character of city centre to make it more attractive to shoppers and to potential tenants.
The fund distributes up to $50,000 per year. Funding applications are open, closing on 22 June 2022.
For more information, email the City Centre (CBD) Facilitator on email@example.com or call 06 759 6060.
- Colours must be in keeping with the era of the building and approved by NPDC
- Street art on buildings will be considered if a mock-up design is provided
- Signage must be in keeping with the building design and approved by NPDC.
- Restoration of architectural details and masonry work
- Fire escapes, awnings/canopies and shutters
- Verandas, outside stairs, cleaning of the walls and roof
- Removal of unsightly features that do not fit the style of the building
- Installation of decorative lighting, verandas and appropriate architectural features.
- The building must be located in the New Plymouth city centre
- The owner/occupier should contribute at least one third of the total project cost
- At least two quotes must be provided
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not had grants from this fund before
- We will also consider the attributes of the building, its location, occupancy and the urgency of the work.
- Owners of heritage buildings must first seek funding from the Built Heritage Fund. It this is granted, they cannot apply to Façade Enhancement Fund
- Funding will not be given to work that is underway and/or finished
- Only one application per building, per year will be considered
- The work must be completed satisfactorily, an evidence report completed and signed off by an NPDC officer and all GST invoices provided before full and final payment is made
- The funding must be used within 12 months of approval.
- Applications can be made in the link below
- Applications from tenants must have written approval and support from the building owner
- Applications can be received at any time
- Decisions are usually made in 4 to 6 weeks after receiving the application.
- Once the work is finished a report must be provided documenting receipts of services and/or goods, and photographic evidence of the work completed. Any unspent funds must be returned to NPDC.